A great sleep is essential for great health and longevity.
- Do you toss and turn at night?
- Does your mind race with events from yesterday and ideas for tomorrow?
- Do you rely on prescription pills?
These issues and many more are common to millions of people worldwide. Ideally seven to eight hours a night is recommended. However the reality is that for many, they just do not get enough sleep. Requirements do vary somewhat from person to person, but to function effectively during the day you need to awaken well rested. If you struggle to get enough sleep try the following:
1. Get enough exercise during the day, and then have a wind down period for a couple of hours before sleep. Aerobic exercise is particularly beneficial because it releases endorphins and helps relieve stress.
2. Make going to bed at the same time a habit. You may need to organize this with your partner or other family members. A happier you will be a reward for them.